Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bibleman Spun Out of Control But Getting His Life Back on Track


Willie Aames, who depending on your age range you'll remember as Tommy on "Eight is Enough," Buddy Lembeck on "Charles in Charge," or Bibleman, has an ongoing struggle with alcohol and drug addiction. He got his life in order when he became a Christian, but as life began to unravel for him last year he turned back to his old ways. This past Thanksgiving Aames tried to commit suicide. Beliefnet reports he said:

"I was also taking antidepressants and antianxiety pills. It got so bad, I put a knife to my throat and cut myself in six places. The police came, put me in handcuffs and whisked me away. I was completely devastated... I kept asking, 'What did I do wrong?'"

In the January 19 issue of Star Magazine, Aames opened up about about what drove him over the edge and what brought him back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buddy!!!!