Monday, January 26, 2009

7 Minutes in Heaven with Diego Costa

Diego Costa is a musician and producer working to inspire others toward compassion. Born in "the most musical city of Brazil: Salvador," he moved to New York City in 2000 to further his international career. He uses his musical gift as a way to promote peace and unity, and has performed in the September Concert Festival in NYC, the Peace Vigil Day in Central Park and the United Nations’ Peace Day. He is also the co-founder of CultureMachine.com, which "fosters young artists to use their talents to make a positive impact in other people’s lives."

Asphalt Eden: What inspires you?
Diego Costa: People allowing God within to come alive and then living their best lives by loving and serving others.

Asphalt Eden: Who would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with?
Diego Costa: Definitely my wife. She's the only one who can handle me!!!!

Asphalt Eden: If you had to have a portrait of yourself made, what artist would commission?
Diego Costa: Could it be a documentary? I would invite my brother-in-law Daniel to direct it.

Asphalt Eden: What is your favorite time of day?
Diego Costa: Early in the morning, when I have the time to be alone with God while meditating and practicing Yoga. Another great time is when I turn off everything and sit down to create music.

Asphalt Eden: Where in New York is the closest place to your own personal Garden of Eden?
Diego Costa: There's a secret spot in Central Park that I love to go to journal, look at the city skyline from another perspective and refocus.

Asphalt Eden: What's on repeat on your iPod?
Diego Costa: I'm just IN LOVE with a song from the band Avalon called "New Day" I play it everyday! Seriously!

Asphalt Eden: If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Diego Costa: What if there was One thing I could practice every day to make sure that I'm on track, what would that be?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When's Diego's next concert?

Anonymous said...

I also would like to know when his next concert is and where can I purchase music by Diego?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello there,
Diego here!
Thanks for your interest in knowing about upcoming shows and where to download songs.
My next gig is this Sunday, Feb 1st at the Hammerstein Ballroom at Manhattan Center on 34th Street. The event starts at 9AM till 11AM. I'll be playing with 2 other great singer/songwriters Chris Alan and Laurel Sayre and will have Ann Klein's band as our supporting band. It will definitely be a Worship God Experience. But if you want to join my mailing, just be my friend on facebook "Diego Costa" click on My band and add your email. About the songs: I'm letting all my fans download my latest CD with the best songs of my last 3 years for FREE too. Just visit my facebook page, click on My Band and we'll be able to download all the CD for your enjoyment!!!!!
Thanks again and God bless you!!!!