Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shock, Scandal, Emotion, and an Unusual Pairing at the Grammy Awards

So the Grammy Awards were last night. You can get a full list of the winners here, but here's what you really need to know:

+ While the awards show was taking place, nominee Chris Brown was in police custody for alleged assault.

+ Also missing from the awards show was Rihanna. She was Brown's long-time girlfriend. Brown's alleged assault was to an unidentified woman. Hm....

+ Jennifer Hudson won her first Grammy (Best R&B Album), saying: "I first would like to thank God who has brought me through. I would like to thank my family in heaven and those who are with me today." Her mother, brother, and nephew were murdered this past October. She went on to emotionally sing "When I was drowning, when I was so confused, you, you pulled me through." As she sang the last note, she looked directly into the camera and dissolved into tears once again," the lyrics to the song "You Pulled Me Through."

+ Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were the year's big winners for their album "Raising Sand."

[image of MIA, who was nominated for Record of the Year (the win went to Robert Plant and Alison Krauss), by AP]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is mia pregnant? why is she holding her stomach like that??